• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

READ THIS! Apparently CP3 & D12 have talked about playing together since 08!

JTB

I came across this article on yahoo sports. Apparently Paul and Howard actually have a desire to play with each other!...this can only be great news as a hawks fan! Ferry can use this to lure them to ATL. It's great that we are the only team that can really afford both of them! There's not a better spot our hawks could be in. Read for yourselves: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--what-short-circuited-serious-plans-for-dwight-howard-and-chris-paul-to-play-together-in-dallas--110112.html

• Like 1

• Premium Member

For all this speculation and pipe-dreaming...I will say one thing...

Winning a title is not easy and these two are in their prime and their championship window is closing...not opening. Now is the time to make it happen cap'n, if either of those guys is unsure about the clubs they're with now. With Horford already in place, that makes a formidable trio...and I really can't see a clear cut better situation for both of them that is easier to make happen.

The only thing really stopping them from coming here is the stigma of ineptitude and mediocrity around our club. Otherwise, it's the perfect storm... If they're not committed to returning to either of their teams, both of them here really does make a shitload of sense.

Not getting my hopes up though.

• Like 1

• Moderators

.Posted Image

Ferry: "Paul and Howard want to play together? You don't say?" #thingswealreadyknow

But in seriousness, you have got to think they Ferry, Horford, and others know something is in the air...

C - Dwight Howard ($17 mil)

PF - Al Horford ($12 mil)

SF - Josh Smith ($12 mil)

SG - Devin Harris/John Jenkins ($2.0 mil)

PG - Chris Paul ($17 mil)

Then fill the bench with our four draft picks, Scott, Lou, Ivan, Zaza, and Korver with the MLE. Coached by Doc Rivers.

bada bing, championship ring!

• Admin

.Posted Image

Ferry: "Paul and Howard want to play together? You don't say?" #thingswealreadyknow

But in seriousness, you have got to think they Ferry, Horford, and others know something is in the air...

Then fill the bench with our four draft picks, Scott, Lou, Ivan, Zaza, and Korver with the MLE. Coached by Doc Rivers.

To bring thm in Smith will be renounced ... And I am ok with that. Matt Barnes and some other veterans will fill out the roster.
  • Like 1

• Moderators

To bring thm in Smith will be renounced ... And I am ok with that. Matt Barnes and some other veterans will fill out the roster.

Could the Hawks renounce Smith and then turn around and resign him? Maybe he comes cheap if he sees Dwight, Paul, and Horf here...

Text message: "Hey Tommy Cleveland..this is Timmy Hawks..hey I just heard the head cheerleader had a fight with the football QB...she's on the market man! I'm gonna ask her to Prom...what do you think?"

Tommy Cleveland: "Wow..they broke up?...go for it..Timmy...she'll go with you - I bet she will."

Timmy Hawks: "Yeah man..I got a 93 on the last math test...that will impress her...and I can borrow my Mom's SUV".

Tommy: "Awesome!"

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 2

Only way we could sign him after renouncing him is through cap space. That makes it close to an impossibility.

Honestly I think smith will comeback and play for 10m...if cp3 and d12 were to come.

.Posted Image

I only see one minor thing wrong with this as written. Assuming this is how they are signed, their contracts would most probably have salary increases built in annually. Although it fits this year it would push us into the LT in subsequent years.

Also, we have 1st rounders this year that maintain a cap hold...when lining up salaries make sure you include the empty roster slots, rookie salaries in your cap/LT figures.

Let me just show a more "reliable way" Howard and Paul could land here.

First, renouncing Josh does create the space necessary with holds and rookie salaries to still sign both. However it doesn't fix the 5 v 4 year contract and 7.5% v 4.5% raise issues.

So assume for a minute you turn the starting PF job over to Scott or draft a PF.

You trade Horford and a 1st rounder to LA relieving some of their cap nightmare in a sign and trade for Howard. You resign Smith. You can now give Howard the max, Josh a fair contract and sign Paul to the max.

Paul/Teague/Williams/

Korver/Jenkins

Smith/Pick

Scott/Johnson

Howard/Filler

Paul - Korver - Smith - Scott - Howard is a very nasty starting 5. Now salaries

Howard and Paul at 34 million total each

Korver at 5

Smith at 14

Scott 1

Your starting 5 is 54 Million - Teague is 4, Williams is 5 and the roster is rounded out with vet min/draft picks.

I am not saying we should do this, I'm just saying this is how you can get both easier. Luring Howard without the 5th year or 7.5% raises probably isn't going to happen...it might but probably not.

One last thing. Al Jefferson, Bynum are out there as well. just saying

Edited by thecampster

• Premium Member

According to Lou Will's comments in the ajc article, he seems think both Horf and John Jenkins will be here next year. If that's true, then I don't see the Hawks getting Howard, Paul and reupping Smoove. It seems it will have to be two of the three.

Edited by Jody23

How u think I would feel if I left my hometown of ATL and watched as some of my best friends brought home the championship for my city right after I left to chase after the money?? I COULDN'T live with myself !!! Horford is out of here for there to be any chance of CP3 and Howard coming... Howard was my best man after all I he ain't coming here unless I'm on da team you can bet dat.

• Like 2

• Moderators

How u think I would feel if I left my hometown of ATL and watched as some of my best friends brought home the championship for my city right after I left to chase after the money?? I COULDN'T live with myself !!! Horford is out of here for there to be any chance of CP3 and Howard coming... Howard was my best man after all I he ain't coming here unless I'm on da team you can bet dat.

OMG. Josh er Mr. Smith. I'm your one supporter on here. No need to look at old posts or anything trust me on this. Welcome to the board. You the man. Josh/D12/CP3 dream team. Its coming!!

By the way, that graphic of you passing up the pass to a wide open Teague against boston last year with 10 seconds on the shot clock to take an ill fated, season ending 3 was created by someone else who hacked my account.

• Like 2

Houston can't afford either of them, let alone both of them.

I don't think that's accurate.

Houston's cap will be 38 million at the end of the season and the cap limit is 58 million. Surely 20 million is enough room to sign one of them and by one of them, I mean Howard. They have Jeremy Lin so they wouldn't go after CP3 unless they planned on trading Lin. With their China partnership, I don't see that happening. Between Yao and Lin, the Rockets have probably made a good amount of money and gained a lot of fans in China.

Not saying Howard will go to Houston but I do believe they can afford him. Plus, then they have trade chips in Omer Asik and one of their many power forwards.

Starters

C Dwight Howard

PF Thomas Robinson

SF Chandler Parsons

SG James Harden

PG Jeremy Lin

Bench

C Omer Asik

F Donatas Motiejunas

F Royce White

F Terrence Jones

F Greg Smith

G Patrick Beverly

G Aaron Brooks

I don't think that's better Howard, Horford and CP3 but it's probably deeper than what the Hawks could put around them if they managed to sign both. It would also depend what Rockets would do with Asik and their three first round power forwards. Partick Beverly was starting in the playoffs and Aaron Brooks was a nice player in the past so I don't know if they'd have any value.

And Dallas would be able to sign one of them as well I believe. I think their cap is 41.5 million though it shows up as 48.5 million but that's because they're counting Brenday Haywood's amnestied salary against the cap. It shouldn't count against the cap, right? And OJ Mayo is definitely going to opt out of his contract which lowers the Mavs cap to 37.2 million. That gives them 20 million in cap space to sign a player.

Atlanta, Houston and Dallas are probably the only places that could sign them out right that they would consider. Guessing they don't want to live in Utah. Though if Dwight wanted to play with Josh Smith, Howard and CP3 could take a paycut of 16 million a year and Smoove take a paycut of 10 million in Utah. Haha, won't happen.

looooool

Then I guess CP3 and Dwight aren't comin.

Trade Horford... good one.

Could you imagine Howard and Smith in the same line up with the game on the line? Hack-a-Howard/Smith would be in full effect. You'd have to bench two of your three best players unless you want to lose at the free throw line.